ADSM-L

Managing Tapes

1997-07-29 05:21:29
Subject: Managing Tapes
From: Mekgwe Brenda Datavia <BrendaM AT TRANSNET.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 11:21:29 +0200
Hi ADSMers

We have an 8.4G ADSM database running on MVS and about 300 clients with
servers.
At the moment we have 3000 3490e tapes, which each is 2.4G. My concern
is that every week we add tapes to our storage pools which of course
fills up the robot.
1. I need to know whether is there a way that we can use to minimize the
usage of so many tapes.

2. Can we run recycles on our tapes like on HSM and our applications.
N.B. Expiration is on and we running reclamations too in our storage
pools.

What can we do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brenda Mekgwe