ADSM-L

Re: Novell/Windows client Performance

1997-07-10 03:25:40
Subject: Re: Novell/Windows client Performance
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 09:25:40 +0200
Hi,

I did a test recently that involved Novell 3.12, OS/2 Warp, and NT3.5.
I must admit that I thought the Novell was going to kick butt - but it came
second in this particular race. As Jerry mentioned Win NT in this case was
the fastest with OS/2 the slowest.
Some indication of the times achieved:
125 Meg of exactly the same data - This was made up with about 4000 files.
The same machines IBM 9595 with Pentuim90 processors all 32M Ram.
Same Network cards on the same 4M/bit token ring.
The test results -      Novell  14 Min.
                        NT      9 Min.
                        OS/2            21 Min
BTW - This was all going to ADSM on OS/2. Would have liked to do a test
with Win NT ADSM server - maybe later.

Hope this will shed some light on your question.

Regards

Christo Heuer
Johannesburg
South Africa