ADSM-L

Novell/Windows client Performance

2015-10-04 18:06:44
Subject: Novell/Windows client Performance
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 7/9/97 5:06PM
An interesting question.  The LAN folks in my office would be quick to =
point
out that a server that was purchased to run NetWare (especially Version =
3)
might not be well suited to run NT (I assume that Win95 is not really
might not be well suited to run NT (I assume that Win95 is not really
important, because it isn't really a server OS.)  My gut feel, though, =
ould
be that given a similar machine, one that was adequate to handle NT, =
then the
ADSM client under NT would probably be the better performer.  I base =
that on
the fact that NetWare does not really multi-task very well.  The =
interaction
between ADSM and TCP/IP would also be better under NT.

As an aside, we did a conversion of an OS/2 machine to NT Workstation, =
and
ADSM ran significantly better under NT.  (As an OS/2 bigot, it pained me =
admit it too!)

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    7/9/97 5:06 PM

??? Between ADSM Novell client and ADSM Windows 95/NT Client, which one
have better performances???? Have anyone tested between these two
clients.

John Ma.
john_ma AT ibm DOT net