ADSM-L

Re: NT client 2.1.6 problems + winframe question

1997-06-04 17:26:03
Subject: Re: NT client 2.1.6 problems + winframe question
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 17:26:03 -0400
There is a known bug where dsm will give you a divide by 0 error if
there is an audio CD playing.

If that isn't your problem, check the number of bytes in dsm.exe  (not
in K, but actual bytes) against one that works.
I have had cases where an executable gets corrupted during the install.
Have never been able to pin it down.
Have always corrected it by copying the executable from a client with a
working copy.

We are running the 2.1.0.5 client on two Winframe servers with no
problem.  Haven't tried 2.1.0.6 on those het.

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
301-953-6000 X8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert