ADSM-L

Capacity of Conner tape drives within NT.

1997-04-06 15:19:20
Subject: Capacity of Conner tape drives within NT.
From: Mark Dyer <mark.dyer AT FLE.GMPT.GMEDS DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 1997 15:19:20 EDT
When I worked on NT, two years ago now :), The Connor tape drives were
handling data compression through a TSR program written for DOS.  They
did not have a compression program for NT.  Therefore, using a Connor
tape drive with the NT drivers gave you only the 123MB of storage.

I was able to convince my supervisors that the 8mm Exabyte tape drive
we had on-site for 'Secret' data transfers would make a better backup
device than their puny Connor drive.

Its very likely that Connor now has a compression program for NT.  I
haven't had to worry about that type of stuff recently.

Good Luck,

Mark Dyer
UNIX Systems Administrator
EDS Service Delivery Team
Flint, Michigan

    Yes, there are still people working in Flint...
    Somebody has to deliver the welfare checks.