ADSM-L

Re: Win NT sched service

1997-03-26 06:21:22
Subject: Re: Win NT sched service
From: dan thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 05:21:22 -0600
Julie,

   Copied from the readme.win file found on the ftp site when I was
downloading the Windows NT 2.1.06 code.

 ===================================
I. Known Problem/Restriction Topics
===================================

   1. Problems installing Service Pack 6 without first uninstalling the
      ADSM scheduler service.

         If you install the Level 6 Service Pack without uninstalling the
         ADSM Scheduler Service first, the scheduler service installation
         routine of the level 6 package (dsmcsvci.exe) will fail with a
         message indicating the service is already installed.

         Furthermore, running the "remove" option of dsmcsvci.exe will
         fail with a message indicating that the service to be removed
         cannot be found.

         The solution to this problem is to add back the required registry
         key which was removed by InstallShield.

         Using the registry editor (regedt32.exe for NT, regedit.exe for
                 Windows 95) add the following entry under the key
         HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\ADSM\BackupClient:

             Scheduler Service (key)
                 ADSM Central Scheduler Service (value)
                     (REG_SZ, any value, just so it's there)

         You may now run the scheduler service installation utility
         dsmcsvci.exe to install, remove, or update the service.

Have fun with regedt32.

  Dan T.