ADSM-L

Re: management classes for Oracle backups?

1997-03-26 06:41:54
Subject: Re: management classes for Oracle backups?
From: Dieringer Walter VAI/COI <Dieringe AT LINZ.VAI.CO DOT AT>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 12:41:54 +0100
Hallo Tom!

I'm using two separate tape storage pools:
ALFPOOL for archiv log files and DBFPOOL for database files.
The files are backuped directly to 3590-tapes and there is no next
storage pool.

Additionally, there are two management classes/archive copy groups
ALF and DBF which retain the archived files for 28 days.

The ORACLE-tapes in the library are exchanged every monday.
So I can reuse the tapes as scratch tapes every 5 weeks.

Additionally, I regularily do some ORACLE-exports
the files of which I retain for several months.

See also the white paper "Using ADSM to Back Up Databases"

Sincerely, Walter
Walter Dieringer
VAI/VOEST Alpine Industrieanlagenbau, Linz, Austria
dieinge AT linz.vai.co DOT at