ADSM-L

Re: How can I get a list of files not backuped by ADSM?

1997-03-24 19:22:19
Subject: Re: How can I get a list of files not backuped by ADSM?
From: dan thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 18:22:19 -0600
Rita,

   Here are a couple of ideas that may or may not give you what you want.
We are also looking at storing this type of data for specific
sub-directories in order to allow application administrators the ability to
audit what is or is not being backed up for their served apps.

Other folks have recommended the verbose option to gather the list of those
files that were backed up.  To gather the other info, those files that are
not backed up, we are looking at doing a DIR /S and comparing the two
information sources.  This will not inform you why something was not backed
up.

I also have a question.  I have noticed in the past that ADSM creates a
file during backup that apparently lists all of the files on a specific
filespace.  I have seen this file on several occasions, but have not been
able to locate it after a backup is
complete.  This leads me to believe that this file is only in existance
during a backup.  If this is the case, is it backed up during an
incremental?  Can you IBMers out there shed some light, or at least
recommend that I get some help for these hallucinations?