ADSM-L

Cleaning an Exabyte-210?

1997-03-21 05:29:46
Subject: Cleaning an Exabyte-210?
From: Bradley King <king AT MONTROUGE.GM.SLB DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 11:29:46 +0100
Anyone have a good way of mounting the cleaning tape on the
Exabyte-210?  The robot says its time to clean a drive, but
the manual command does not work becase ADSM controls the robot.
I know that I can shut the power off on the Exabyte and do the
cleaning before ADSM grabs it for the next mount, but that seems
a bit ugly. Does anyone have a more "elegant" method or does ADSM
do it automatically if I wait a while?

Thanks for suggestions.

B. King

Bradley King                            Tel: 331.47.46.66.83
Schlumberger Industries GTL             Fax: 331.47.46.72.12
50 ave Jean Jaures
BP 620-13
92542 Montrouge Cedex
France