ADSM-L

Re: Filespace names

1997-03-21 03:50:19
Subject: Re: Filespace names
From: Dieringer Walter VAI/COI <Dieringe AT LINZ.VAI.CO DOT AT>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 09:50:19 +0100
Obviously, the drive letter is appended to the filespace_name to prevent
duplicate labels. Otherwise it wouldn't be possible to backup two
connected shares with the same share name or a local drive whose
drivename equals the share name of a connected share. You would then
get:
ANS7564E: Backuping up/Archiving drives with duplicate volume labels is
not allowed.
In your case you will get ANS7564E, if you label any of your local
drives to "ABC_E:"

Walter Dieringer,
VAI/VOEST Alpine Industrieanlagenbau, Linz, Austria
dieringe AT linz.vai.co DOT at