ADSM-L

DEFAULTServer

1997-03-14 12:19:33
Subject: DEFAULTServer
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 09:19:33 -0800
I have started a second ADSM server as a test server, and now I'm
having trouble getting my local (SGI) client to look at my
production server as the default.

I've included the following line at the beginning of the dsm.sys
file:

DEFAULTServer   ADSM

and then a stanza for SERVERNAME ADSM and another stanza for
SERVERNAME DRMTEST. Now, however, when I start up dsmc or dsmadmc
with no arguments, I am connected to the DRMTEST server. The only
way I can connect to the production server (ADSM) is by
explicitly naming it on the command line.

What am I doing wrong? Removing the DEFAULTServer line from the
dsm.sys file does not work, even though the ADSM server is listed
first, before the DRMTEST server.

 -- Tom

"If I could dot the 'i' in a Michigan     Thomas A. La Porte
 game and the good lord came to take me   Archivist, Feature Animation
 the next day ... at least I could        DreamWorks SKG
 die happy." - Beano Cook, ESPN           <tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com>