ADSM-L

Re: DELETE VOLH

1997-03-14 11:36:22
Subject: Re: DELETE VOLH
From: Ted Spendlove <SPENDEE AT THIOKOL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 09:36:22 -0700
RE: DELETE VOLH
Roland: You are correct.  An installation-wide exit is needed in order for ADSM
to notify the
tape management system of volume deletions.  We used the DFSMShsm supplied exit
ARCTVEXT.  This is also the example exit given in the in the Tape Processing
Considerations
chapter of the ADSM Installing Server and Admin Client book. I think that ADSM
and RMM
can use the exit unmodified, but since we have both TLMS and RMM tape management
systems active at this time, we had to put a mod in the exit to distinguish
between volumes of
each of those systems.

Ted Spendlove
Thiokol Corp.

>>> "Clendenny, Ronald D." <rdclendenny AT CAL.UE DOT COM> 03/14/97 05:44am >>>
Bruce, (If I understand this right) The DELETE VOLH command will tell
ADSM that the tapes are no longer needed, but unless you have the tape
management delete exit installed, the tape management system will still
show the tapes as permanent.
I am not sure if all tape mgt s/w needs this exit, but I now CA-1 does
need it.  The supplied sample is supposed to work as shipped.
Does RMM need this too?

Ron Clendenny  <rdclendenny AT cal.ue DOT com>
Callaway Nuclear Power Plant
Fulton, Missouri

"The difference between a madman and me is that I am not mad" - Salvador
Dali