ADSM-L

Re: TWO APPC CONFIGURATIONS ON ONE NODE?

1997-02-11 02:26:01
Subject: Re: TWO APPC CONFIGURATIONS ON ONE NODE?
From: "CN=U0782/O=SDC@SDC @ SDC_EXTERN_DOMAIN U0782 - DKSDCPLN" <dksdcamc AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 02:26:01 EST

Hi Eric!

Yes, it is possible to have more than one session on an OS/2 machine
runnning CM/2.

On the machine you are runnning the email gateway you just add the
the CPIC definitions needed by ADSM eg:

DEFINE_CPIC_SIDE_INFO  SYMBOLIC_DESTINATION_NAME(ADSMP   )
                       FQ_PARTNER_LU_NAME(xxxxxxxx.ADSMP)
                       MODE_NAME(APPCPCLM)
                       TP_NAME(ADSMP);

and the modename

DEFINE_MODE  MODE_NAME(APPCPCLM)
             DESCRIPTION(Mode Name APPCPCLM)
             COS_NAME(#CONNECT)
             DEFAULT_RU_SIZE(NO)
             MAX_RU_SIZE_UPPER_BOUND(4096)
             RECEIVE_PACING_WINDOW(63)
             MAX_NEGOTIABLE_SESSION_LIMIT(8)
             PLU_MODE_SESSION_LIMIT(8)
             MIN_CONWINNERS_SOURCE(0)
             COMPRESSION_NEED(PROHIBITED)
             PLU_SLU_COMPRESSION(NONE)
             SLU_PLU_COMPRESSION(NONE);

One problem with many products, like ADSM, is that they all use the
DEFAULT_LOCAL_LU_ALIAS, which can give some problems if you want
to spread your load over more than one LU. But it is no problem to
have sessions with more than one partner on an OS/2 machine.

Regards

Jorgen Bentsen
SDC af 1993 A/S
Denmark