ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and Netware patches - Questions

1997-02-10 19:27:14
Subject: Re: ADSM and Netware patches - Questions
From: Francisco Reyes <reyesf AT SUPER.ZIPPO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 20:27:14 -0400
On Tue, 11 Feb 1997 10:45:42 +1300, Dianne Sharp wrote:
>1.  Is ADSM Netware Certifiable?

I am not 100% sure, but I believe it is with 4.1X and 4.1X SFT-III. I
don't know for 3.12, but it WAS not for SFT-III 3.11 (it even crashes
it if you try to backup directly and not from another computer). I
have it working with 3.12 and have done some tests with 4.1 with not
problems

>2.  What is the relationship between Novell releasing new Netware
>patches and updates to ADSM Client code?  For support reasons, we must
>always be running on the latest Novell patches.

I think IBM bundles whatever NLMs are available at the time they
prepare the disk (or maybe at the time they start testing).

>     If the IBM recommended patches are older than the ones we have
>installed, are there any forseen problems?

I think I read that at some point Novell had some patches which
actually where somewhat problematic, but for the most part I would
"guess" that using the latest NLMs is the best thing to do.