ADSM-L

The speed to recover a Novell file system

1997-01-21 10:49:19
Subject: The speed to recover a Novell file system
From: LEE FOSBRINK <lfosbrink AT MERCY.PMHS DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 10:49:19 EST
          Hello,

          I have a question about speed to restore files.. My site is
          a MVS Server using TCP/IP and Novell Clients.. With normal
          throughput what should I expect to see for a normal restore
          of Novell file server containing 160,000+ files.. Here's a
          copy of the normal throughput when the system runs the
          backup. FYI there is 3 backups running at the same time on 3
          different clients..

           Total number of objects inspected:  166,449
           Total number of objects backed up:    1,657
           Total number of objects updated:          0
           Total number of objects rebound:          0
           Total number of objects deleted:        114
           Total number of objects failed:          74
           Total number of bytes transferred:     86.3 MB
           Data transfer time:                  215.31 sec
           Data transfer rate:                  410.61 KB/sec
           Average file size:                    146.2 KB
           Compression percent reduction:        65.87%
           Elapsed processing time:            1:28:58

          Any input would be appreciated..

          Thanks

          Lee Fosbrink
          Pittburgh Mercy Health System