ADSM-L

off site tape management

1997-01-07 10:49:20
Subject: off site tape management
From: Tony Arsneault <arsneaut AT OAKWOOD DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 10:49:20 EST
     We are a new user of ADSM and are currently in a pilot stage of
     implementation, soon to go into production.  I would like to get a
     feel for how other users are handling off-site tape management.  We
     are running ADSM on an AIX box with 2 7331 tape libraries attached.

     What reports or queries do you run to determine which tapes need to be
     moved off-site or returned? Please feel free to provide as many
     details of your tape management procedures, any tips or hints will be
     helpful as we develop our own procedure.

     Thank You,

     Tony Arsneault
     ARSNEAUT AT OAKWOOD DOT ORG