ADSM-L

WinNT Sched Service Problem

1996-11-19 15:59:00
Subject: WinNT Sched Service Problem
From: J Holdren <JFH5 AT PSUVM.PSU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 15:59:00 EST
I have a user with an IBM Server 520 w/32MB memory running WinNT 3.5.1
with Service Pak 5.  He just installed the 32-bit ADSM client 2.1.05
and everything works fine EXCEPT the schedule.  When looking at NT
Services it lists the ADSM Central Scheduler Service.  This node is
associated with a schedule, but nothing seems to run automatically.

He halted and restarted the ADSM Sched Service and got this:

Failure authenticating Registry Password for ADSM node seawolf....
with ADSM server.  Use DSMCSVCI Utility to update password.

He used DSMCSVCI to updated it to the know password for the node.

There is no password coded in the dsm.opt file.

He can run the client manually with no problem.  He gets prompted
for the password, enters it and continues with no problems.

This has to be an NT registry thing which I have no experience with.

Any help appreciated.

J Holdren                   (~              Center for Academic Computing
jfh5 AT psu DOT edu            PENN_)TATE          224A Computer Bldg
1 (814) 865-2964                            University Park, PA  16802