ADSM-L

Re: Backing up 500 gb/ hour

1996-10-11 10:56:51
Subject: Re: Backing up 500 gb/ hour
From: Rick Tsujimoto <rtsujimoto AT CUSA.CANON DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 09:56:51 EST
     >Anyone heard about the Openvision press release,

     >Apparently they are able to back up about 504 gigabytes of data,
     >(oracle database) using their netbackup product.

     >Sounds good, we use adsmpipe and get at most 10 gigabytes an hour at
     >most, even if Openvision are being a bit optimistic, even 200 gb an
     >hour sounds great.

     >We will be attempting to backup 14 Tb databases next year
     >it will take us a year to do!!!!

     >Any plans to make ADSM fster would be great !!

     If my math is correct, we're talking about 150megabytes per second.
     Hmm, that's the most suspicious thing I ever heard :-)

     What're using for a comm link?  Memory-to-memory?  Even if you stated
     megabits, it's still fishy.

  *  Rick Tsujimoto                                   *
  *  rtsujimoto AT cusa.canon DOT com                        *
  *  tel: 516-328-4554                                *
  *  fax: 516-328-4369                                *