ADSM-L

Re: Largest File Size

1996-08-26 08:50:32
Subject: Re: Largest File Size
From: Andrew Justin Caird <acaird AT ENGIN.UMICH DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 08:50:32 -0400
>>> On Mon, 26 Aug 1996 03:45:12 GMT, Mark Stapleton
>>> <mstaple AT INSYNC DOT NET> said:

MS> On Tue, 20 Aug 1996 15:54:11 +0200, you wrote:
>> On Tue, 20 Aug 1996, Hans Beierle wrote:
>>> One of the known problems for (all?) ADSM clients is that only files
>>> up to a size of 2 gigabytes-1 are supported.
>>
>> IBM AIX (on SP2) is apparently not a client that would be important
>> enough to IBM to be supported.

MS> AIX itself does not support files > 2Gb in size.

AIX4 supports files greater than 2Gb[1].  Also, about a
month ago I was led to understand that there would be a ptf
for or a revision of ADSM that would support files greater
than 2Gb.

As usual with IBM, it's mostly a matter of patience.

--andrew
Andrew Caird <acaird AT umich DOT edu> PGP encrypted mail encouraged
Andrew Caird <acaird AT umich DOT edu> PGP encrypted mail encouraged
     University of Michigan Center for Parallel Computing
(313)936-1985          http://www.engin.umich.edu/center/cpc/

[1] http://www.austin.ibm.com/software/OS/aix414.html