ADSM-L

Re: Off-site reclamation

1996-07-23 14:37:00
Subject: Re: Off-site reclamation
From: "Craig, Ronnie" <RCRA467 AT CSD.CPA.STATE.TX DOT US>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 12:37:00 CST
We do a weekly backup of the storage pools on Sunday. And send tapes offsite
on Monday's. Every 3 to 4 months we will go and retrieve our tapes for
reclamation. I try to start off using 51% as my reclamation percentage. That
will allow for the tapes that have the most data to at least fit on another
tape that is only half used. Once that is finished I try to use about 30%.
When that completes I start looking at tapes that are utilized at 10% or
less and use the move data command to free up these filling tapes which can
add up.

Ronnie Craig
State of Texas Comptroller
Austin, Texas 78774
E-Mail  Ronnie.Craig AT cpa.state.tx DOT us