ADSM-L

cannot INclude directories (on archive)

1996-07-19 17:22:41
Subject: cannot INclude directories (on archive)
From: Ian Blair <iblair AT KILCOM1.UCIS.DAL DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 17:22:41 AST
Is there a way to copy the aix directory ownership & protection data
with a filesystem archive?

We have project  databases we  archive when they are not being used.
Root must do the archive as  files are owned by many users.
We can cp -p -R the directory structure to a temporary location but if
someone forgets it is a nuisance to recreate it.

Is there something we're missing?

== Robert IAN Blair, Systems Programmer = VOICE: 902-494-3310     ==
== Dalhousie Univ,  B519  Computer  F&O = FAX:   902-494-2319     ==
== Killam Library,  6225 University Ave = EMAIL: ian.blair AT dal DOT ca ==
== Halifax,    NS,  Canada      B3H 4H8 =    or: ian AT adm.dal DOT ca   ==