ADSM-L

Overwriting NT System Files

1996-07-11 09:37:13
Subject: Overwriting NT System Files
From: Betsy Moir <Elizabeth.Moir AT VM.SSW.ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 08:37:13 -0500
To: OAS     --LMS1

*** Resending note of 07/11/96 08:12
FROM: Betsy Moir (TTCEDM) Ext 85020
      VM Tech Services
      email:  elizabeth.moir AT vm.ssw.abbott DOT com
To: OAS     --LMS1

FROM: Betsy Moir (TTCEDM) Ext 85020
      VM Tech Services
      email:  elizabeth.moir AT vm.ssw.abbott DOT com

Hi everybody -

I'm a novice at this, so if I make any horrible internet etiquette errors, my
apologies in advance.  I've been reading everyone's notes, and this seems like
a great place to get help and information.  So, here goes.

We recently tried to do a full restore on a an NT 3.51 file server.  We were
attempting to test a restore to a brand new system.  We installed NT, we
installed ADSM and began our restore.  We had the restore set to overwrite
all files.  Unfortunately, when ADSM attempted to restore .NFS or .DLL files
the process halted and couldn't be restarted.   Basically, it appears we
can't restore the NT operating system.  Is there anything we can do to get
around this?

We are using TCP/IP communications and restoring from a VM mainframe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Betsy