ADSM-L

Re: OS/2 Server's Volume History Files

1996-06-25 09:01:12
Subject: Re: OS/2 Server's Volume History Files
From: "Andrew M. Raibeck" <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 06:01:12 PDT
Jeffrey Mathers writes:

>I have previously asked how to define volume histroy files and was told that
>the information on how to do this was in a readme on a fix disk. I
>downloaded IP20545.3d1 (OS/2 Server V1R2.9) but I cannot find mention of how
>to define volume history files.

Jeffrey, I apologize for giving you bad info. I thought I'd actually pulled
my own IP20545.3D1 disk and tried this before replying to your original
request. Actually the diskette I found it on was the ADSM/2 Base Diskette 1
in the README.1ST file. I don't know why I said it was on the PTF diskette.
But in any event, I am reading it from the Base installation diskette 1 in
README.1ST right now, as I type.

When you open the file, do a search on "Volume History Server Options" and that
should take you right to where you need. The option is (in dsmserv.opt) is:

     VOLUMEHISTORY filename

I recommend reading that README.1ST file for further info on volume history.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support
408-256-0130