ADSM-L

Re: DIRMC option

1996-06-14 07:10:41
Subject: Re: DIRMC option
From: Dirk Kastens <dkastens AT RZ.UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 13:10:41 +0200
On Fri, 14 Jun 1996, John O'Neall wrote:

> My second, and current, problem: I have 2 management classes, a default
> one and a non-default one.  After running a (first) incremental backup, I
> find all my directories in the non-default one.  The doc says:
>
> "If you do not use this option [DIRM], the management class with the longest
> retention period is associated with directories."
>
> And yet my 2 management classes have identical retention periods.  So why
> did the directories go into the non-default one?

John, did you (re)activate the policy set after defining the management
classes? Otherwise the changes won't take effect.

Greetings,

Dirk Kastens _______________Dirk.Kastens AT rz.Uni-Osnabrueck DOT DE
Universitaet Osnabrueck     Phone: +49/541/969-2347 (work)
Rechenzentrum               Fax:   +49/541/969-2470 (work)
Albrechtstr. 28             Phone: +49/541/258182   (private)
49069 Osnabrueck
Germany