ADSM-L

DIRMC option

1996-06-14 06:45:07
Subject: DIRMC option
From: John O'Neall <jon AT IN2P3 DOT FR>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 12:45:07 +0200
I think I have a problem with the DIRMC option.  My first problem is that
I didn't read ALL the doc (between 1500 and 2000 pages) and so (as an
immigrant from WDSF) I didn't know about it. :-\

My second, and current, problem: I have 2 management classes, a default
one and a non-default one.  After running a (first) incremental backup, I
find all my directories in the non-default one.  The doc says:

"If you do not use this option [DIRM], the management class with the longest
retention period is associated with directories."

And yet my 2 management classes have identical retention periods.  So why
did the directories go into the non-default one?

Thanks in advance for any advice (besides about reading ALL the doc).

John

John O'Neall                         e-mail:  jon AT in2p3 DOT fr
John O'Neall                         e-mail:  jon AT in2p3 DOT fr
Centre de Calcul de l'IN2P3          phone:   (33) 78 93 08 80
Villeurbanne, France                 fax:     (33) 78 94 30 54