ADSM-L

What is volume status of Pending?

1996-05-24 12:34:00
Subject: What is volume status of Pending?
From: Vern Maxson <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 11:34:00 EST
I have a tape volume that received an I/O error, so I used the "move data"
command to migrate the data off the tape.  Then I used dsmlabel to create
a new tape with the same volser, and put it into the library in place of
the previous tape.  When I did that, the error state went from Yes to No,
although the number of read and write errors were not reset to zero.
(I suppose that I will have to delete and redefine the volume to fix that.)
Then, I changed the access/mode back to READWRITE.  Now the Volume Status
field for the tape says "Pending", but the only valid Volume Status codes
for a tape are "Empty", "Filling", and "Full".  I don't have any processes
running, and the tape is not mounted in a drive.  What gives?