ADSM-L

Re: What is volume status of Pending?

1996-05-24 14:08:00
Subject: Re: What is volume status of Pending?
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 14:08:00 -0400
Text item: Body.822
For the V2 mvs server, "pending" means that a tape is empty but ADSM is
waiting a certain number of days before reusing it or returning it to the
tape management system scratch pool.  This a new feature which enhances the
database restore process.  If you restore the database back to a level
which thinks there is data on the tape, the data will still be there and
not have been overwritten.  The # of days is set in the storagepool
definition -- "reusedelay" parameter.

Perhaps this feature was added to V1 vm servers via the service stream?