ADSM-L

ADSM tape and server migration

1996-05-15 12:23:38
Subject: ADSM tape and server migration
From: "David G. Kalenderian" <DAVEK AT MITVMA.MIT DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 12:23:38 EDT
Hi,

We're considering a couple of scenerios that I was hoping others on this
list might already have experience with. Any comments on the following
is appreciated (especially if you've encountered problems).

Under consideration:

1) Migrating our existing VM ADSM server and user data on 3480s to
   an AIX server with 3590s. (AIX server and 3590s to be purchased).
   - Migrating the database.
   - 3590 experiences.
   - Updating existing ADSM clients to point to the new server.
   - etc, any other comments.

2) Upgrading our existing 3480s to 3590s to Escon attach to our
   VM server and purchasing a Tape Library Dataserver (to be used
   with ADSM as well as other VM applications) such as a 3494, or other
   vendors tape library systems.

Thanks, David Kalenderian