ADSM-L

Re: your mail

1996-04-30 14:58:21
Subject: Re: your mail
From: "James V. Silverton" <jvs AT HELIX.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 14:58:21 -0400
On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, William White wrote:

> > On Fri, 26 Apr 1996, Paul Zarnowski wrote:
> >
> > > Carol, et al,

> I was able to find the pilot at the first address Carol gave:
>  http://service.software.ibm.com/dl/run?pubs/pubpilot-intro
> Apparently the problem is something other than an incorrect URL.

I don't know what is  the problem but I systematically tried to point
Netscape to
1.  http://service.software.ibm.com/dl/run?pubs/pubpilot-intro
2.  http://service.software.ibm.com/dl/run?pubs
3.  http://service.software.ibm.com/dl

The first two gave the error message "Netscape: no match"
The third fired up netscape but produced the message:
"The requested URL /dl was not found on this server"

Does IBM have something against UNIX machines (an SGI in this case)
or can anyone suggest an answer? It is possible to get from
 http://service.software.ibm.com to the right place at Boulder by
making appropriate guesses but the original does not work.

Hoping for enlightenment,
Jim.

--                 Dr. James V. Silverton   jvs AT helix.nih DOT gov
                   301-496-1515 (OFFICE)    301-402-3404 (FAX)
                   301-496-1515 (OFFICE)    301-402-3404 (FAX)
    NHLBI/LBC, 10/7N-307, 10 CENTER DR MSC 1676, BETHESDA MD 20892-1676