ADSM-L

ADSM and Warp Server

1996-03-12 17:31:40
Subject: ADSM and Warp Server
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 17:31:40 EST
Ron, I don't believe the code that comes with the Warp Server is the
full ADSM backup/archive client.  With Warp Server you get the
Warp Server Backup/Restore utility which is based on Personally Safe and
Sound.  Warp Server Backup/Restore can be used as an ADSM api application
so that you can initiate the backups/restores from the Warp Server
Backup/REstore interface, but the data is kept/managed on any ADSM server.

You can choose instead to use the ADSM backup/archive client.  We are
just wrapping up a redbook now that shows how to use Warp Server Backup/Restore
as an api application, and positions when you might want to use the
ADSM backup/archive client instead.  With the ADSM b/a client you can
centrally manage multiple warp servers....with warp server backup/restore
you individually manage each warp server (that's at least one major point).
thanks,
Cyndie Behrens
IBM - ITSO SanJose
cbehrens AT vnet.ibm DOT com