ADSM-L

TCP/IP connect failure

1996-02-08 05:27:00
Subject: TCP/IP connect failure
From: Michael Tucker <mtucker AT METO.GOVT DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 10:27:00 +0000
    We get the following error message (in dsmerror.log) whenever we
    attempt to communicate from a Novell 4.x client to an MVS server
    using TCP/IP.  Failure is immediate suggesting a problem at the
    client.  Does anyone know the cause of this failure?

    ANS4017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure
    TcpOpen: Error creating TCP/IP socket.
    sessOpen: Failure in communications open call. rc: -50

    Michael Tucker  The Metereological Office  England  +44 (0)1344 854133
    mtucker AT meto.govt DOT uk