ADSM-L

Backup completion monitoring.

1996-01-18 14:27:49
Subject: Backup completion monitoring.
From: Chuck Mattern <cam03 AT HOMEDEPOT DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 14:27:49 -0500
I have a mixed network of HP's, Novell's and Sun's backing up to ADSM v2 on
MVS.  I'm looking for a uniform method of ensuring that daily backups are
completed.  I have considered simply isuing a "query node" command but even if
this pulls back information indicating that x number of bytes were recieved
during the time frame for the previous nights backup it will not tell me if
there was a premature termination.  Has anyone got a good server based monitor
routine I could try to adapt to my network?

Thanks in advance,
Chuck