ADSM-L

FW: Backup completion monitoring.

1996-01-18 14:47:00
Subject: FW: Backup completion monitoring.
From: "PITTSON, TIMOTHY" <PITTSON1 AT BWMAIL1.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 14:47:00 EST
Chuck,
     If you're using the ADSM scheduler to schedule your backups, take a
look at the Query Event command - that should give you what you're looking
for.

Tim Pittson
pittson1 AT bwmail1.hcc DOT com
 -----------------
From: owner-adsm-l
To: Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L
Subject: Backup completion monitoring.
Date: Thursday, January 18, 1996 2:27PM

I have a mixed network of HP's, Novell's and Sun's backing up to ADSM v2 on
MVS.  I'm looking for a uniform method of ensuring that daily backups are
completed.  I have considered simply isuing a "query node" command but even
if
this pulls back information indicating that x number of bytes were recieved
during the time frame for the previous nights backup it will not tell me if
there was a premature termination.  Has anyone got a good server based
monitor
routine I could try to adapt to my network?

Thanks in advance,
Chuck