ADSM-L

Re: ADSM tapes

1995-12-05 16:44:13
Subject: Re: ADSM tapes
From: Bill Colwell <BColwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 21:44:13 GMT
In <bitnet.adsm-l%9512051706.AA0180@MGICSMTP>, Mary_Vollmer AT mgic DOT com
(Mary Vollmer) writes:
>We are using tape collocation by node and would like to be
> able to produce a listing showing which tapes belong to each
>node.  The only way I know to do this is to issue a
>"QUERY CONTENT volser C=1" .  We are running ADSM 1.11
> on MVS and this processes uses alot of CPU cycles and our
>tape pool contains about 800 tapes.  Does anyone know of a
>better way?  Thanks.

I don't know of a better way.  This is the only way that I can think
of.  You are right, it does take a lot of cpu time.  It doesn't get any
better in version 2.

I submitted a requirement at GUIDE this past summer to ask for a query
which will report all the volumes used by a node.  I think it was
'recognized' by IBM (they think it is a good idea, but haven't committed
to implementing it yet.)

Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab
Email: BColwell AT draper DOT com