ADSM-L

Re: Domain Error

1995-06-29 13:05:57
Subject: Re: Domain Error
From: Jeff Renicker <jrenicker AT GOODYEAR DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 1995 13:05:57 EDT
Andy Carlson writes:
>I am using the AIX client to backup to an MVS server.  I get the following
domai
>n error even
>though I think I am coding it correctly:
>
># dsmc incremental
>ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
>Command Line Backup Client Interface - Version 1, Release 2, Level 0.7
>(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 1995, All Rights Reserved.

>ANS4042S Invalid option 'DOMAIN' found in options file
'/usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsm.sy
>s'
>         at line number : 26
>         Invalid entry : 'DOMAIN /tmp / /var /usr /home
/usr/sys/inst.images /us
>r/cnet'
>
>ANS4044S Invalid option specified
>
>My dsm.sys is coded like:
>
>SErvername  baslmo
>   COMMmethod         TCPip
>   TCPPort            1500
>   TCPServeraddress   baslmo.carenet.org
>
>DOMAIN /tmp / /var /usr /home /usr/sys/inst.images /usr/cnet
>
>INCLEXCL /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/inclexcl
>

>Basically what I am trying to do is make sure the /tmp is included - I want
to b
>ack that up also.
>Does anyone see what I am doing wrong?  Thanks.

The DOMAIN option goes in the DSM.OPT file, not DSM.SYS.
Jeffrey E. Renicker               e-mail: jrenicker AT goodyear DOT com
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.        voice:  216.796.5615
1144 E. Market St.                fax:    216.796.2222
Akron, OH 44316-0001