ADSM-L

Cross-platform client authorizations?

1995-05-02 18:43:14
Subject: Cross-platform client authorizations?
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <wts AT MAIL.CAPS.MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 May 1995 17:43:14 EST
Some searching of the ADSM manuals and the ADSM-L archives has turned
up nothing, so ....

Are there restrictions on restoring files from one platform to another?

With DOS, Windows and OS/2 I think it works OK, where it makes sense.
Can an OS/2-only file system with a some file of interest be restored
to DOS/Windows?

Today we tried to restore an OS/2 file to AIX, but the AIX client
insists on a "userid" being entered for the target system.  Sounds like
the AIX/Unix client doesn't restore from other platforms?

Can anyone point me to a definitive statement on this, please?

cheers,

Wayne T. Smith
Systems Group -- CAPS        internet: wts AT maine.maine DOT edu
University of Maine System   BITNET/CREN: WTS@MAINE