ADSM-L

IRMA Mainframe Conflict?

1995-04-25 12:56:42
Subject: IRMA Mainframe Conflict?
From: "Jamie Sonsini (PROFS: JAS Phone: x3572)" <9531SONS AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 1995 09:56:42 PDT
Over the past 3 months I've been struggling with getting ADSM Scheduler to run
reliably on my PowerMac 7100. After lots of tests (and help from IBM - thanks
Brett) I believe we've identified an init conflict related to a 3270 emulation
program from Attachmate (formerly DCA) - IRMA Mainframe (previously named IRMA
Workstation for Macintosh).

For 2 weeks I unloaded the IRMA extension, rebooted my system and ran the ADSM
Scheduler each evening. Things worked just fine. Last week I went back to
leaving the IRMA extension "in" and found that my problems returned. The ADSM
Scheduler seems to "hang" during the transfer of large (30MB+) files.

I've placed a call to Attachmate and they're looking into this. I also thought
I'd see if anyone else is running the IRMA product and ADSM. And, if so, ask
if they're having problems.

Thanks,

                                      Jamie Sonsini
                                      IS&C, Computer Center