ADSM-L

Re: ADSM TCP/IP Support

1994-10-10 05:20:39
Subject: Re: ADSM TCP/IP Support
From: Hans Pfleger <Hans.Pfleger AT WU-WIEN.AC DOT AT>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 1994 09:20:39 +0000
Hello Steve,

>> o   The DOS environment requires either of two products:
>>
>>     1.  IBM's TCP/IP Version 2 for DOS (02G7087); or,
>>
>>     2.  FTP Software's PC/TCP Version 2.1 or later
>
>Any chance that the DOS client will ever work with Novell's Lan WorkPlace
>for DOS?  I am running LWP 4.12, with ADSM 1.2.03, and, of course, get
>ANS1850E TCP/IP communication failure.  I really hate the 3270 interface,
>and FTP's PC/TCP will not run with ODI.  Is there any hope for LWP and the
>DOS client?

I run PC/TCP from ftp and ODI without problems.

Here is my net.cfg:

Link Driver 3C523
        SLOT 2
        FRAME Ethernet_802.3
        FRAME Ethernet_II

NetWare DOS Requester
        FIRST NETWORK DRIVE = L
        Preferred Server=WUW_EDVZ1

And this is my startnet.bat, called from autoexec.bat:

@ECHO OFF
C:
CD \NWCLIENT
SET NWLANGUAGE=ENGLISH
LSL
3C523.COM
IPXODI
VLM
CD \

I am useing PC/TCP from ftp 2.3 + DOS 6.0 and use both, Windows- and
DOS-Client on a IBM-PS Machine (3c523 MC Ethernetcard).

++hp

Hans Pfleger                                      pfleger AT wu-wien.ac DOT at
WU-Wien, EDV-Zentrum, Abt. zentr. Infrastruktur  Tel. ++43 1 31336/4105
University Of Economics And Business Administration Vienna, Austria

You know, you come from nothing
-you are going back to nothing.
What have you lost? Nothing!     E. Idle
What have you lost? Nothing!     E. Idle