ADSM-L

ADSM on a LAN for Mac backups

1994-09-19 15:44:20
Subject: ADSM on a LAN for Mac backups
From: Wendy Backup Buddha Alberg <WAXY AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 15:44:20 EDT
Martha McConaghy <URMM%MARIST.BITNET AT uga.cc.uga DOT edu> said:

>         .... Instead of installing a copy of ADSM on each PC on the
> network, I would like to try the following scenario:
>
> - ADSM code resides on a LAN server, in a r/o directory accessible by everyone
>   on the server.
> - Individual options files are located in each user's LAN directory, but
>   protected so they can't be altered by the user.
> - Log files such as DSMERROR.LOG would be placed in the user's LAN directory.

I'd like to do something similar with Macs.  I have found options to redirect
the error and scheduler logs (errlog and schedlog) but not for the ADSM Stderr
file.  Without such an option in the Preferences file, the scheduler insists
on trying to write ADSM Stderr to the scheduler's own R/O folder.  Brett, is
there an option for this file, or am I up the proverbial creek?

Wendy Alberg, Computer Resources Technical Support Group, 315 CCC,
Cornell Information Technologies, Cornell Univ., Ithaca, NY 14853
wa10 AT cornell DOT edu    607/255-2672