ADSM-L

AIX and AFS

1994-09-19 12:39:48
Subject: AIX and AFS
From: Hans Pfleger <Hans.Pfleger AT WU-WIEN.AC DOT AT>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 16:39:48 +0000
Hi wizzards,

I have problems useing adsm AIX client with AFS. Useing the Inclexcl - File,
adsm ignores /afs - filesystem. If I use additional domain - statement (i.e.
domain /home /afs), adsm ignores the inclexcl file and tries to backup the
whole afs tree (which is a disaster, because we use mountpoints all over the
world and have only guest-permissions).I tried both, dsm amd dsm.afs, which
should also backup the afs - acl's. I started the backup as root with
afs-admin token to get rl - rights for the afs volumes.

Here are my option-files:

# mount
  node       mounted        mounted over    vfs       date        options
-------- ---------------  ---------------  ------ ------------ ---------------
         /dev/hd4         /                jfs    Sep 19 12:45 rw,log=/dev/hd8
         /dev/hd4         /                jfs    Sep 19 12:45 rw,log=/dev/hd8
         /dev/hd9var      /var             jfs    Sep 19 12:45 rw,log=/dev/hd8
         /dev/hd2         /usr             jfs    Sep 19 12:45 rw,log=/dev/hd8
         /dev/hd3         /tmp             jfs    Sep 19 12:45 rw,log=/dev/hd8
         /dev/hd1         /home            jfs    Sep 19 12:46 rw,log=/dev/hd8
         /dev/lv00        /vicepa          jfs    Sep 19 12:46
rw,log=/dev/loglv00
         AFS              /afs             afs    Sep 19 12:46 rw

# more dsm.sys
SErvername  apollo
COMMmethod         TCPip
TCPPort            1500
TCPServeraddress   137.208.7.2
Inclexcl /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/exl.list

# more dsm.opt
SERVERNAME         apollo

# more exl.list
exclude /.../*
exclude /usr/*
exclude /usr/.../*
include /usr/local/.../*
include /etc/.../*
exclude /afs/*
include /afs/wu-wien.ac.at/.../*
exclude /.../*.gif
exclude /.../*.mpg
exclude /.../*.jpg
exclude /.../core
exclude /tmp/*
exclude /vicepa/*

Any ideas?

++hp

Hans Pfleger                                      pfleger AT wu-wien.ac DOT at
WU-Wien, EDV-Zentrum, Abt. zentr. Infrastruktur  Tel. ++43 1 31336/4105
University Of Economics And Business Administration Vienna, Austria

You know, you come from nothing
-you are going back to nothing.
What have you lost? Nothing!     E. Idle
What have you lost? Nothing!     E. Idle