ADSM-L

Re: Problems with open registration

1994-09-09 13:36:42
Subject: Re: Problems with open registration
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 1994 13:36:42 EDT
On Thu, 1 Sep 1994 14:07:54 EDT Melinda Varian said:
>Yes, Brett,  I think everybody can agree that there is no point in
>accepting "OK" if the user hasn't yet entered the password twice.
>
>It's hard for me to imagine that a site that allows open registration
>wouldn't need the contact information, but right now I'd just be
>extremely grateful for an option to require it.  Heck, I'd be happy
>with a zap to require it.

Not just contact information, but correct contact information. It would
be nice if there were a site exit, in the server, that a site could use to
either check the information given against localy defined rules:

       - Are all required parts given
       - Are the values valid

Or given some key formulate the contact information from internal
   site database(s). The key could be information such as ip address
   which the server should know from the connection. Or some locally
   defined id which the user could enter in the contact field.
If the information is not valid the exit should be able to display
an error msg via the adsm client and ask the person to try again.