ADSM-L

Re: Problems with open registration

1994-09-01 13:06:21
Subject: Re: Problems with open registration
From: "Brett Walker (408)256-0265 Fax:" <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 1994 10:06:21 PDT
Re: Note from you attached below

Melinda,

It's true that the Enter key on most GUI platforms will perform the action
assigned to the button which is highlighted.  This is usually the OK
button, but might also be the Cancel button, etc.

However, I agree this is a slight usability problem.  The real solution
(I think) is to gray out the OK button until the user has entered text
into the verification field.  Then, and only then, would hitting Enter
have any effect.

A separate issue is whether or not filling in the Contact Information
should be required or not.  I understand why a site would want this
filled in, but I don't know if the program should require it to be
filled in...

I hope the Enter problem has caused too much problem...

Regards,
Brett