ADSM-L

Incoming Files to the FTP Server.

1994-06-03 16:52:00
Subject: Incoming Files to the FTP Server.
From: John VanderWerf <jtv AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 1994 13:52:00 PDT
Martha McConaghy writes:
|>I've generated my paper in three variations: standard listing, PostScript,
|>and LIST3820.  Hopefully, one of them will be useful.  I'll make them
|>available from the FTP server and from the Marist LISTSERV.  If neither are
|>accessible to you, send me a note and I'll send a copy.
|>
|>I'll post copies of my execs as well.
|>
|>Martha

I've moved Martha's files to the /adsm/info subdirectory on index.  The files
are:  adsmtalk.zip and backutls.zip.

Paul Zarnowski writes:
|>The reason you can't see anything when you issue the DIR command, is because
|>the permissions of the /adsm/pub directory do not include READ privs.
|>However, they do include EXECUTE privs.  This means that if we know the
|>names of the files that you put out there, we should be able to "get" them.
|>We just can't see them.  Not sure why IBM did this, but probably to prevent
|>hackers from using their ftp server as a dumping ground.

The /adsm/pub subdirectory on index is setup for incoming only.  If there are
other files that folks want to share with others, I'll be happy to move them
to the /adsm/info directory, and then let the list know.

John VanderWerf
IBM San Jose Programming Lab