ADSM-L

[no subject]

1994-06-01 09:32:43
From: Deba Patnaik <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 1994 09:32:43 EDT
On Tue, 31 May 1994 09:27:58 EDT Martha McConaghy said:
>         Dato: 30/05/94
>          Fra: Hans Kilian                                  HKK      - TEXT
>          Til:                                              I1014833 - IBMMAIL
>         Emne: Two types of backup
>Hello.
>
>We would like to take two kinds of backup with ADSM. The first type is an
>ordinary incremental backup, where we are planning to keep four generations
>of backups.
>
>The other type of backup would be a full backup, which we are planning on
>doing once a month. We would like to keep 12 generations of this backup.
>
>We are unsure how to accomplish this, and would be grateful for any comments.
>
>Regards,
>Hans Kilian, ATP Denmark

It is easy for Non-Unix clients - use a different options file. But I think
ADSM development is aware of the requirements, which will help us a lot:

That is add two  more options in Restore Panel -

1. Replace if new (i.e. if server file newer than the file on client disk).
2. Replace anything before YYYY/MM/DD