ADSM-L

Re: commmethod ipx

1994-04-12 14:29:21
Subject: Re: commmethod ipx
From: Brent Stilley <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 1994 12:29:21 CST
On Tue, 12 Apr 1994 08:54:50 EDT T.F. (Frank) Ramke said:
>| Brent,
>|
>| If you're using token ring card, you'll probably want to set
>| the buffer size on the card to no more than 8 KB. We found
>| this documented in deadlock.txt in the DOSUP9 and WINUP9
>| NetWare client upgrades from Novell.

My machine is an IBM PS/2 on Token Ring with 16k shared mem defined, but the
notes in deadlock.txt seem to refer to packet size. My DSM.OPT sets
IPXBufferSize to 4k, and my NET.CFG contains:

Link Support
 Buffers 5 4146
 MemPool 8500

(the 4146 is the LSL buffer size)

The other test machine in my office is a clone with a 3C509 ethernet NIC. Both
are using the same level of VLM's, and both are failing in the same way (using
the Windows client). The OS/2 server is also using a 3C509 NIC, BTW.

Brent Stilley,  Oklahoma State University, 113 Math Sciences, Stillwater, 74078