ADSM-L

Note from "Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>"

1993-10-20 07:30:56
Subject: Note from "Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>"
From: "Delbert B. Hoobler" <HOOBLER AT GDLVM7.VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1993 07:30:56 EDT
Len,

 I can address a few of your questions...

>> (1) Will Andrew  File  System support  be provided  for  the HP
>>     backup/archive client?  The announcement  letter refers  to the
>>     Andrew File System only for  the AIX/6000 backup/archive client.

This is a known requirement.  Look for it in a future release.

>> (2) Does the  Andrew File System support include  incremental        s
>>     backups?  Is volume location and mount point recorded?

At this point, the AFS support backs up the files, directories and
the associated ACL's.  If a change occurs in the files, directories
or associated ACL's, it will cause the object to be backed up again
on an incremental backup.  No, the volume location is not recorded.
The complete path of the location of the file is stored.  For
example, for file "/afs/almaden/u/joe/dir1/file1", the file is
stored with "/afs" as the mount point, and the rest being the
filename (/almaden/u/joe/dir1/file1).