Working with the EVENTS table

Oyev

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

As my previus post suggest, I'm currently customizing the TOR, and in the process of which I have noticed the strangest oddities in the TSM EVENTS table....

When performing "Q EVENT * * BEGIND=TODAY-1" I get a load of results about the events of the previus day. Isn't this table derived from the ADSM.EVENTS table?

When preforming a wide select from the EVENTS table - "SELECT * FROM EVENTS", I only get 2-3 returns, if at all. How is that possible?

The TSM reporter manages to get valid results from the events table, but when replacing it's '%s' variables with 'CURRENT_TIMESTAMP' and 'CURRENT_TIMESTAMP - 1 DAYS', I get no results at all...

So what's the deal then? Is the table melfunctioning? DB corrupted?

Or maybe the table just requires a special type of syntax or somthing of a sort?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is driving me loony!

Thanks in advance, :)

Oyev.

The TOR actually calculates the times and adds them in

so

the report submitted by that tool will be

where scheduled_start between '2006-08-03 14:12' etc

If you want to a similar thing you actually need to "pin" the table, use a date from years ago

for example

Where scheduled_start>-'2001-01-01' and scheduled_start>= current_timestamp -24 hours

I am trying to do the same thing as your post. Any solutions yet?

Brian

<*(((>< er

Once I removed the "-" from your suggestion, it worked fine.

I have noticed this method is VERY slow compared to manually inputing dates.

Any suggestions on this?

Brian

Okay that is was a typo it should have read >= not >-

The events tables is a rpick of a table to be honest, but it serves it's purposes as u would be aware.

I have never noticed it to be slower, the otherway around it anything but that makes sense, if I use exact dates it is in tthe TOR, the current_timestamp I use from the command like so my results are going to return quicker

Back