windows2003 Scheduler how to ?

Tonyc123

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm currently running TSM on over 40 Netware Servers without much problem but I've now been tasked with protecting three additional Windows 2003 servers. I've got no experience of Windows server at all and have installed the Backup Archive client and run it manually with success.

How do I get the scheduler to work ?

I ran the client scheduler wizard and followed the instructions and it arote back to the dsm.opt file with the following:

MANAGEDSERVICES WEBCLIENT SCHEDULE

which is fine I believe.

However, the job appears as missed when I check on the previous night's job list.

How can I check that the scheduler is running on the windows server ?

T

On the wiz you have installed a service for the scheduler, this service must be started. Open comandline and type 'net start'. When you find your installed service type add the name in double quotes. Example: net start "TSM Scheduler". If the service start you can check in 'dsmsched.log' if the client get the schedule from server. Check if the service start automaticaly on reboot with the Windows GUI.

Hi,

1.MAke sure you register the node in TSM Server.

2.Create a Scheduler via the Wizard present in Backup Client.

3.In the TSM Server Associate the Scheduler with the node. This can be accomplished by Scheduler wizard.

Note this is the schedule you want it to be pushed to the client at that particular time.

Are you taking File Level Backup or an SQl Backup.

SQl BAckup has to be define a bit differently. But the concept remains the same.

Do you want the command For all the procedures so that you can configure it via command line it self?

Give me server name or db name your trying to back . I will mail you the entire command. Its kind of easy though ...

Regards

Shamin

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Back