Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am having some trouble backing up some volumes as mount points on my system

example:

I have one drive labelled "X:". within this, I have a number of folders, say
X:\folder1, X:\folder2

I also have a volume I have mounted on X: called X:\Mounted1

If I do a backup, where I am basically specifying 'domain local' in dsm.opt, it seems to only be backing up X:\folder1 and X:\folder2, but not the mounted volume.

Should I specify the specific mounted volumes explicitly in dsm.opt?

Here is something that will definitely work:

1. Create a dsm.opt file in X:\MOUNTED1

From my understanding domain ALL-LOCAL in dsm.opt only works with physical disks on the local machine.

Here is something that will definitely work:

1. Create a dsm.opt file in X:\MOUNTED1
2. To do the backup, run the command
dsmc i -optfile=X:\MOUNTED1\dsm.opt

Error: ANS0326E

Hi boys... I have another problem with other server. The error is as follows:
-------------------------------------------------------------
ANS0326E

This node has exceeded its maximum number of mount points.
Explanation:
Either no tape or sequential disk mount points are permitted for this operation, or the maximum number of mount points allowed are already in use. The operation can not be completed. The TSM administrator defines the maximum number of mount points with the MAXNUMMP property of your node definition.

System action:
The object is skipped

User response:
If you are performing any other TSM operations that might be using mount points, wait until those operations are complete, then try the failed operation again. Otherwise contact your TSM administrator for further assistance

-------------------------------------------------------------

This is IBM explanation but I don't understand it very well. I was reading the thread posted below but I don't have any mapped drive.

Could you tell me why TSM client is asking me to modify this setting and what exactly means?

Thanks!

Elias.

You need to do 'q node nodename f=d' for the node against which this error is reported and look at the parameter 'Maximum Mountpoint allowed' in the output. It seems that the client is opening more sessions that needs mount points (tape or sequential disk) then it is allowed. You need to adjust this. You also need to look at resourceutilization parameter in dsm.opt/dsm.sys file of the client to control the number of session client opens.

ANS0326E - Error

Hi, sorry for pulling out such an old thread.

I got a strange thing:
ANS0326E appears even thou i have max connection on 999!
The strange thing is, that this happens only on weekends.

Does anyone have an idea, what this could happen

regards,

Achim.Z.

For the first part of the problem -- we have a couple of servers with many mount points on physical disks. It's true that DOMAN ALL-LOCAL *only* works with physical disks. But what you can do (it's ugly, but it works) is to have explicit domain statements in the dsm.opt file for the disks and the mount points. For example, on one of our servers, it looks like:
Code:
DOMAIN	 E:
DOMAIN	 F:
DOMAIN	 F:\MedSci\Teams\CDM
DOMAIN	 F:\MedSci\Teams\AFG
DOMAIN	 F:\MedSci\Teams\JP
...where the \MedSci\Teams\xxx bit are mount points.

If you have a space in the mount point name, you have to enclose the domain in " ", like
DOMAIN "F:\MedSci\AFG Projects"

For the second part of the issue, is it possible that you have the maximum number of sessions already running because of other nodes' backups when this node tries to run its? That would probably mean that the additional mount points it requests will trigger an error.

Hi,

The solution provided does not work, because ofter modifying the dsm.opt file it gives below error

02/07/2010 09:47:54 ANS1038S Invalid option specified
02/07/2010 10:05:15 ANS1036S The option 'DOMAIN' or the value supplied for it is not valid. It was found in options file 'dsm.opt'
at line number: XX

so the

DOMAIN E:
DOMAIN F:
DOMAIN F:\MedSci\Teams\CDM
DOMAIN F:\MedSci\Teams\AFG
DOMAIN F:\MedSci\Teams\JP

have some probelm, could you please detailed the whole statement with example...

Back