Windows is only letting one Acceptor Service to run at a time

CharlieTSM

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I had several Windows 2016 server systems running TSM Baclient 8.1.4 using 4 different Acceptor services: 1 For Daily Backups, 1 for Weekly, 1 for Monthly and 1 for Yearly backups. They were running perfect.

Now the servers were rebuilt with Windows Server 2019 and TSM baclient 8.1.19
TSM Server version is 8.1.20

The problem right now is that Windows is not letting me start all the 4 Acceptor Services at a time.

I can only have Daily Acceptor OR Weekly Acceptor OR Monthly OR yearly. So right now I just have Daily backups running on the servers.

I am using the same exact OPT files parameters than before
Schedmode prompted
MANAGEDSERVICES SCHEDULE WEBCLIENT

The only error shown on the dsmerror file is:
01/26/2024 05:02:05 ANS0361I DIAG: hasJGCLCargs is enabled. Use the current anchored option object.

Windows Event Viewer shows the error: TSM Client Acceptor terminated abnormally: appMain exit code -1

I have always used same ports on all backups and now I tried using different ports for each backup but the problem still remains.

Hope somebody here can give me some light on this issue.

Thank you very much

I had an issue with setting the only one TSM Scheduler (not CAD based) with client 8.1.20, on Windows 2019.
Upgrading to BA Client 8.1.21 resolved the problem. Give it a try.

I had the same problem, the issue were http ports, check your error log for webclient, you might see some errors regarding ports in there. That's how I found the problem on my servers

I had the same problem, the issue were http ports, check your error log for webclient, you might see some errors regarding ports in there. That's how I found the problem on my servers
Thanks mate! this gave me the hint! I dont use webclient so I removed the webclient from the OPT file.
I had : MANAGEDSERVICES SCHEDULE WEBCLIENT
now just : MANAGEDSERVICES SCHEDULE

Cant believe I spent a whole week just trying to figure this out

Thanks so much

Back